The Family-Friendly Pueblo County Initiative, is a program that was developed by the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment in 2019. This initiative seeks to build support for affordable and quality childcare and assist businesses with adopting family-friendly workplace policies. The main goal is to work with diverse communities to increase health, safety, and economic security for women and their families through the implementation of primary prevention strategies across Colorado.
The Latino Chamber of Commerce of Pueblo officially earned the Family Friendly designation in the summer of 2022 and in the fall of 2022, the Latino Chamber and the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment partnered together to assist local organizations in becoming Family Friendly. Through this partnership the Latino Chamber and the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment will work together in assisting the small business community with:
- Enrolling in health, dental, and vision insurance
- Implementing retirement packages
- Making changes and modifications to employee handbooks, policies & procedures, and employee onboarding/training
- Minimizing employee turnover
- Developing additional employee and workplace benefits
Family-friendly workplace achievement focuses on policy and procedure changes within worksites to support employees and their families.
Studies show family-friendly workplace policies:
- Increase rates of recruitment and retention of employees
- Increase employee productivity
- Reduce overall stress in family households
- Reduce risk factors for child abuse and neglect
These improvements in the workplace are accomplished through an improved work and life balance and a stable income to provide for basic needs for the employee and their family, which, in turn, positively impacts the employer.
Here is a list of Pueblo's Family-Friendly organizations:
- A New Leaf Therapy
- Bright Beginnings Childcare Center
- Building Blocks Childcare Center
- Catholic Charities
- Children's Palace Learning Center
- Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce
- Health Solutions
- Kinderkirk Childcare Center
- Latino Chamber of Commerce of Pueblo
- NeighborWorks Southern Colorado
- Parkview Medical Center
- Pueblo City-County Library District
- Pueblo Community College
- Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
Is your organization interested in becoming Family Friendly?
Contact Gabby Jimenez today at 719-583-9901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment at:
For additional information please visit the Pueblo Department of Pueblo Health and Environment's Family Friendly Page